We’re looking for supportive neighbours for the adventure of our CAPACITyES Co-Housing! We’ve recently opened the new facility, in the pavilion 8 of ASST Papa Giovanni XXIII, restored by CAPACITyES project, under the UIA – Urban Innovative Actions programme, with FESR funds.
Ten families have moved in the new accommodations on Borgo Palazzo and have started this new experience: the main challenge is creating forms of active participation, to encourage the involvement and the integration of these families in the community and to improve the social cohesion.
We’re looking for people willing to be an active part of this experience, to support the families in this adventure: a call has been opened to choose these supportive neighbours, open until March 11.
What does it mean to be “a supportive neighbor”?
Our supportive neighbours will use their relational skills and dedicate time to organise activities for the families and the neighbourhood in the common areas of the Co-Housing. They will help good neighbourly relations within the facility, with the support of the Co-Housing team and of the project partner.
There are two apartments for supportive neighbours in the Co-Housing: each one can accommodate a maximum of 4 people. The apartments will be available for 24 months, extendable.
Who can become a supportive neighbour?
Applicants must meet some requirements. Here are the main points:
- Italian or EU citizenship; citizenship of another State with a valid residence permit (two years duration at least); citizenship of a non-EU State with the EU permit for long-term residents.
- No eviction orders in the last 5 years for arrears; no injunctions for expired fees in the last 5 years.
- No irregular occupancy of public housing apartments in the last 5 years.
- No criminal convictions and/or ongoing criminal proceedings.
- For non-Italian candidates, an adequate knowledge of the Italian language.
The monthly rent will be as a reimbursement of expenses, calculated on the basis of utilities (heating, lighting, water, gas, waste and condominium expenses).
How to apply?
You’ll find all the information on the Comune di Bergamo website, at this link https///www.comune.bergamo.it/node/725323.